Teutopolis Board of Education Hears About Band Amplifiers and Fine Arts / Making Staff Moves
Teutopolis, IL-(Radio Effingham)- The Teutopolis School Board met on Monday July 18.
The Council has taken the following actions:
- The Board acknowledged guests and public comments from: 1) New TEA Leadership from Co-Chairs Wendy Kreke, Jeannie Gaddis, and Darlene Unkraut; 2) the new leadership of Band and Fine Arts Boosters from President Kristi Esker and members Michele Beckman and Bridget Probst, who spoke about the possibility of purchasing new band uniforms and asked for future consideration for a project collaboration supported by the council.
- The financial report for June 2022 has been approved.
- The council approved payment of annual rent from TGS to St. Francis Parish.
- The Board approved the payment of a contractor for the THS connection works, as well as two change orders.
- The board approved the minutes of the regular board meeting of June 20, 2022.
- The board approved the second reading of Update 109 policy changes recommended by the Illinois Association of School Boards.
- Council agreed to reinstate the Unity Office Revolving Fund for 2022-2023.
- The board authorized the reinstatement of the Sports Officials Fund to THS and TJHS for 2022-23.
- The Board approved the purchase of technological equipment.
- The Board approved Teutopolis State Bank and Dieterich Bank/Teutopolis Branch as depositories for the 2022-23 school year.
- The Board approved the expenditure of funds until the annual district budget is adopted. 12. Reports included discussion of: principal and athletic director building updates, student registration – opening online July 25-29, district strategic goal setting, district athletic facilities and programs
- The Board approved the following resignations: Bob Schumacher as THS Softball Assistant Coach, Cassidy Lowry as Title Reading Teacher, Jeanette Runde as THS Cook, Dave Burrell as Full Time Bus Driver, Dan Herrera as THS Teacher English THS
- The board has approved a request for Justin Fleener to be furloughed as THS baseball coach for one year (2022-23).
- The board has hired the following individuals for the 2022-2023 school year, subject to the candidates meeting all employment requirements: Chelsea Gruel as THS Cross Country Head Coach (Asst to Head), Jordan Thoele as THS Baseball Head Coach (F/S to Head for 22-23 only), Rob Bothwell as THS Fall Baseball Assistant Coach (Asst. Fall 2022-23 only), Kelly Swingler as THS Cook (6 Hours Daily), Kenny Cornell as TJHS Baseball Assistant Coach, Tony Martin as Coach by TJHS Baseball
- The board approved to keep executive session minutes sealed and to destroy those older than 18 months, as permitted by Illinois school code 120/2.06.
Download the free Effingham Radio app to listen to music, news, competitions and more!